The 2016-17 school year has brought many changes to the library. These changes and additions will allow the library to be more accessible to the students and staff. Below is a list of new additions to the library .
- The new MakerSpace room. This space is basically a spot that the students can come and create, build, design whatever their imagination lets them. The room contains everything from thread, yarn, glue, paint, to metal wire, 3D pens and electric thread. It is a great way to all kids the creativity to build and connect to their classroom work
- Smart TV. This television allows the students to cast from their Chromebooks to the tv this way a student can show the class what he or she is working on. The students can go around the room projecting their Chromebook screens to the tv in order to show everyone their work.
- Wireless Document Camera. No longer does the camera have to be in a fixed location. The students can pass the doc camera around and project onto the smart tv.
- Lego Wall. Here students can be creative, construct, while having fun.
- Chromebook Cart. The library now has its own cart of 25.
- iPads. The library now has 15 iPads that can be used in the library to help the students work on projects individually or in groups.
- New Book Catalog. We have upgraded to Destiny Quest. This new catalog allows staff to create passwords for their own account so that books can be searched and placed on hold. There is also an app for the new system that makes searching for books much easier.